By Paul Nicholson
July 11- If any reminder were needed of where the real balance of power lies in football, it was delivered yesterday by UEFA’s announcement of how its expected €3.25 billion of revenue in the 2019/20 season will be distributed.
Clubs will receive €2.73 billion of the revenue of which €2.04 billion will go to Champions League teams. €510 million will be distributed to clubs Europa League.
Each of the 32 clubs in the Champions League group stage will receive a basic allocation of €15.25 million. Group stage bonuses will pay out at €2.7 million for a win and €900,000 for a draw.
The knock out stage money will be distributed as follows:
• €9.5 million per club in the Round of 16
• €10.5 million per club in the Quarter finals
• €12 million per club in the semi-final
• €15 million for each finalist
• €4 million will go to the Champions League winner
• The two clubs that qualify for the 2019 UEFA Super Cup will receive €3.5 million, with the winners collecting an additional €1 million.
A club winning the Champions League and the Super Cup will receive a minimum €72.75 million plus any share of the TV market pool of €292 million which is distributed according the to the value of the TV in that club’s home market. They will also receive a share of the €585 million for the 32 teams which could mean €1.108 million for the lowest ranked team up to €35.46 million for the highest ranked.
If the Champions League winner is one of the big clubs from the big 5 European leagues it is likely they will take home in the region of €100 million plus for their Champions League season’s UEFA dispersals.
In contrast the Europa League remains the relatively poorer cousin.
Each of the 48 qualifying clubs that qualifying clubs will receive a group stage allocation of €2.92 million, plus €570,000 per win and €190,000 per draw.
The group winners can expect to receive a qualification bonus of €1 million each and the runners-up €500,000 each.
Knock out stage breakdows are:
• qualification for the round of 32; €500,000 each
• qualification for the round of 16: €1.1 million each
• qualification for the quarter-finals: €1.5 million each
• qualification for the semi-finals: €2.4 million each
• qualification for the final: €4.5 million each
• The UEFA Europa League winners can expect to pick up an additional €4m.
The winning club in the Europa League will receive in the region of €18.5 million plus coefficient ranking revenue (maximium €3.2 milllion) plus a share of the market pool.
See the revenue breakdown at https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/stakeholders/clubs/news/newsid=2616265.html
Contact the writer of this story at moc.l1562976180labto1562976180ofdlr1562976180owedi1562976180[email protected]1562976180osloh1562976180cin.l1562976180uap1562976180
GO TO SOURCE