Ipswich-Blackburn – Championship 2018/2019 Statistical Preview
- Paul Hurst could hand competitive debuts to summer signings Trevor Chalobah, Gwion Edwards and Ellis Harrison as Ipswich prepare to take on newly-promoted Blackburn.
- With a fairly threadbare midfield, the Tractor Boys could start with youngsters Grant Ward and Tristan Nydam through the middle.
- Chelsea loanee Kasey Palmer could be handed a debut alongside Danny Graham and Bradley Dack in the front three as Blackburn prepare to travel to Portman Road.
- New midfield signings Jacob Davenport and Joe Rothwell are battling it out for a starting berth here, although it is the former who is more likely to start.
|Ipswich are undefeated in their last 7 home matches against Blackburn in all competitions.||
Ipswich win or draw
|* Odds from|
- With the Mick McCarthy era now in the past, Ipswich fans are looking forward to life under Paul Hurst. That said, the former Shrewsbury boss is still working on bringing in several new additions and will start the opening day with a half-strength squad.
- Blackburn re-enter the Championship with a much stronger squad than the one they were relegated with two years ago and Tony Mowbray will be targetting early survival consolidation this season.
- The loss of talismanic defender Adam Webster to Bristol City will hit the hosts hard and this new-look defence facing up against League One player of the year Bradley Dack on Saturday, it could be a long afternoon.