Cesc will stay
Cesc Fabregas has confirmed he will stay at Chelsea this January.
The player is free to talk to other clubs, with his contract running out at the end of the season.
Chelsea are yet to offer him a new deal, and it remains to be seen if he will eventually leave.
However, amidst talk of a move to AC Milan, Cesc has admitted that his immediate future is with Chelsea.
Standard Sport report he said: “No, I haven’t spoken to anyone. Obviously in January I can sign with whoever I want (a pre-contract agreement for the summer) and probably this will attract many clubs.
“But so far, from what I can say right now, yes I will stay here until the end of the season. I play at Stamford Bridge, I’m happy, but of course every player wants to play more.”
Kante issues with Sarri
One thing that has raised eyebrows at the club of late is N’Golo Kante’s position.
Manager Maurizio Sarri has played him further forward this season.
“Our centre midfielder is Jorginho or Fabregas. I don’t want Kante there.”
More: https://t.co/W4u8h7FR9H pic.twitter.com/dHeRvxDdoY
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) November 28, 2018
Given Kante is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, that’s certainly a strange decision.
It could however allow for Fabregas to get more time on the field.
Eventually, Jorginho is going to need a rest or will pick up injuries and suspensions.
Clearly, Sarri does not see Kante in that role, meaning Cesc could be the second pick.
See also: Good for Man United: Jose Mourinho update on David De Gea contract
Arsenal told to move for Man United’s Anthony Martial
GO TO SOURCE