Hull-Derby – League Cup 2018/2019 Statistical Preview
Probable Lineups Statistical Comparision
Average Height (cm)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Carabao Cup.
- Nigel Adkins is expected to ring the changes after Hull’s 2-0 defeat to Stoke last time out.
- Evandro was sent off against the Potters but new rules state his suspension will only apply for league games and not carry over into cup action.
- George Long, Kevin Stewart, Jackson Irvine and Will Keane are among those hoping for changes to impress from the start.
- Jon Toral was only fit enough for the bench at the weekend and will hope to get minutes from the start in midweek.
- Youngsters such as Adam Curry, Robbie McKenzie and Max Sheaf should feature in the match-day squad.
- George Evans is a doubt after limping off in last week’s win over Ipswich.
- Unfortunately, promising youngster Jayden Bogle could be sidelined with a long-term injury.
- In-form midfielder Mason Mount scored in the 2-0 win at Oldham in the previous round and could start again here.
- Both Hull City and Derby County adopted youth-based recruitment policies in the summer but, while the Tigers have gambled on unproven performers, the Rams have added players who have already showed their capabilities at a reasonable level.
- It’s a difficult situation for Hull boss Nigel Adkins, who after a 2-0 loss at Stoke, understandably tried to be positive to avoid knocking the confidence of his young players. He should, however, identify the problems more openly so fans can trust he is aware of what’s happening.
- Frank Lampard has had a decent start to life in management and, even if he shuffles the pack here, Derby should get their fifth win under him on Humberside.